Palau Commercial Passenger Entry Policy – Effective August 22, 2021
STEPS FOR ENTRY:
Travelers must submit proof of complete COVID-19 vaccination with final dose administered at least fourteen (14) days prior to departure to the Republic. Vaccine received must be approved or authorized for emergency use by either the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or the World Health Organization (WHO). *For commercial air travel, travelers must submit proof to the airline.
- Negative COVID-19 PCR Test or Documentation of Recovery
All Travelers must also provide proof of either:
- A negative result of a COVID-19 PCR test (any type of PCR test, including NAAT, RT-PCR, qPCR, RT-LAMP, TMA, molecular test, isothermal amplification, ddPCR, or CRISPR), and such test must be taken within three (3) days prior to departure from the point of origin to the Republic; or
- Documentation of recovery from COVID-19 which includes proof of a recent positive viral test and a letter from a healthcare provider or a public health official stating that you have recovered and are cleared to travel. *For commercial air travel, travelers must submit proof to the airline.
- Testing and Mitigation Orders After Arrival
All Travelers shall be COVID tested on the first (1st) day following their arrival to the Republic and are required to follow the Mitigation Orders issued upon arrival.
- PRE-ARRIVAL COVID-19 TESTING – As stated in Public Health Directive 27-21, all travelers are required to provide valid negative PCR COVID-19 test results taken within three (3) days of departure to Palau or proof of COVID-19 recovery if previously infected with COVID-19. Children under three (3) years old are exempt from this pre-arrival testing requirement; however, all passengers are subject to the 2 tests after arrival in Palau.
- PROOF OF FULL COVID-19 VACCINATION – Consistent with Public Health Directive 27-21, travelers must provide proof of complete vaccination of a WHO or US FDA approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine with final dose at least fourteen (14) days prior to arrival in Palau, or enter pursuant to Section 1(c) of the Public Health Directive (Entry for Residents of Authorized Jurisdiction Under Special Conditions).
- MANDATORY DAY 1 AND DAY 5 COVID-19 TESTING – All inbound travelers shall be subject to Mitigation Orders that include undergo mandatory COVID-19 testing on the first (1st) and fifth (5th) day following arrival in Palau. Testing shall occur at the Belau National Hospital between 8:00am – 10:30am. COVID-19 testing cost is $30.50 per test.
- RESTRICTION OF MOVEMENT (ROM)/SELF-QUARANTINE FOR FIVE (5) DAYS – All travelers shall be subject to Mitigation Orders that include self-monitoring their health, and restricting movement to only essential travel (i.e., seeking medical attention, grocery shopping, banking, etc.) or following their Authorized Jurisdiction’s Special Conditions. Travelers are advised to avoid large crowds, use preventive measures (i.e., handwashing), and wear a face mask at all times during the ROM period.
Pursuant to Title 34, Palau National Code and MHHS Rules & Regulations for Isolation & Quarantine of Contagious Diseases, any violation of these requirements shall be subject to a fine of $500 and/or up to one-year imprisonment.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Ministry of Health
TEL: (680) 488-2552/2553
FAX: (680) 488-121