P.O. Box 100
Koror State, Republic of Palau
Contact: (680) 488-3198
- Vice President of the Republic of Palau and Minister of State (January 21, 2021 – July 21, 2021)
- Vice President of the Republic of Palau and Minister of Justice (July 21, 2021 – present)
Appointed by His Excellency President Surangel S. Whipps, Jr. as Minister of State, from January 21, 2021 to July 21, 2021 and currently serving as the Minister of Justice. The Ministry of Justice is mandated by law to provide legal services to the national government and its agencies and political subdivisions, promote and protect the safety and peace of the public, maintain order, enforce all laws and implement programs that ensure the safety of the residents of the Republic of Palau.
- Senator of the Palau National Congress (2013 – January 20, 2021)
Served as a member of the Senate of the Olbiil Era Kelulau, (Palau National Congress) from 2013 to 2021; Co-founded Center for Women’s Empowerment Belau (C-WEB) and co-sponsored many bills that became public laws of the Republic of Palau; Advocated for women, children and families and supported passage of laws such as parental leaves, protection of Palau’s cultural heritage and reformation of the criminal code.
- Attorney at Law in Private Practice (2007 – 2020)
Maintained a private law practice and served in a number of prominent public service positions; Elected President of the Palau Bar Association (a professional association of lawyers practicing in Palau) from March 2008 until March 2010 and was instrumental in establishing a variety of legal and educational service programs to assist the needy and vulnerable members in the community.
- Judge and Justice Pro Tem of the Palau Judiciary (1999-2007)
Appointed by His Excellency President Kuniwo Nakamura as Associate Judge of Palau Land Court and Associate Justice Pro Tem in the Appellate Division of the Supreme Court of Palau; Appointed by His Excellency President Tommy E. Remengesau Jr. as Senior Judge of the Land Court until resignation from the bench in 2007.
- Assistant Attorney General at the Office of Attorney General (1996 – 1999)
Served as Assistant Attorney General in the Office of Attorney General in Palau and prosecuted criminal cases and advised several government agencies on enforcement decisions and policy matters.
- Staff Attorney at the Micronesian Legal Services Corporation (1993-1996)
Started legal career by serving low-income residents as a Staff Attorney at the Micronesian Legal Services Corporation.
William S. Richardson School of Law, University of Hawaii, Juris Doctorate, 1993.
University of Hawaii, Bachelor of Arts Degrees in English and Philosophy, 1988.
- President of Center for Women’s Empowerment Belau (C-WEB) since 2014
- Legal Consultant to women and youth groups in the states of Ngaraard, Ngiwal, Peleliu and Ngatpang on incorporating non-profit organizations
- Advocate for the Family Protection Act (Awareness Programs) since 2015
- Participant in the Pacific Women in Power Regional Forum (November 2019)
- Participant and Speaker in Regional Conference of Pacific Women in Power (March 2019)
- Organized Student Mock Congress at the Palau National Congress (Olbiil Era Kelulau)
- Organized Women Mock Congress at the Palau National Congress
- Palau National Women’s Forum (March 1-2, 2018)
- Second World Parliamentary Forum on Sustainable Development (2018)
- Review of the Implementation of the Palau Family Protection Act 2012 (2017)
- President of the Risel Belau women’s group (2018)
- Host of the Family Hour, a weekly radio talk show (2013-2020)
- Youth Empowerment Programs (2019-2020)
- People’s Empowerment Project (2019-2020)
- Kaudiais radio program on Culture with Rteruich Katsushi Skang (2020)