This information sheet has been created to provide you with some helpful tips and information about staying and enjoying Palau during the 13th PPSC Conference. If you should have additional information or assistance, please contact Chief Terra Sairong Nabeyama at firstname.lastname@example.org or 680-488-4776.
ACCOMMODATIONS, TRANSPORTATION, CONFERENCE DETAILS
*all of these hotels are within walking distance to the conference hall that we will hold the conference; except for the opening ceremony which will be held at the Capitol building (45 minute drive) from town center.
- Airport to Hotel to Airport – The host will be providing transportation for participants of the conference from the airport to hotels.
- To the Capitol Building for Opening Ceremony – Transportation (bus) will be provided to the Capitol Building in Ngerulmud, Melkeok (45 min – 1 hour drive) on the first day. The bus will only depart from the Palasia Hotel where all funded delegates will depart from. If you are staying in other hotels, please make your way to the Palasia Hotel Palau in the center of town before 7:30 am. The bus will depart at 7:30 am. When you arrive in Palau, we will take note of the names of those who will take the bus to ensure we do not miss anyone.
- To the Palau Tourism and Hospitality School (most of PPSCC Sessions will be held) – Most of the sessions for the PPSCC will be held at the Palau Tourism School of Excellence located in the campus of the Palau Community College. The School is in the center of town, and is also within walking distance of all the hotels listed above. Various Vans will be available at Palasia Hotel on Day 2 for those that requiretransportation. It is about a 7-10 minute walk from Palasia Hotel to the conference venue.
- 3rd Day of Conference – The 3rd day of the conference will be held in a separate island called the State of Peleliu. The Republic of Palau will provide Transportation from Palasia Hotel to the Dock where all participants will get on speed boats. It will require a 1 hour Boat ride from Koror to Peleliu. Land transportation will also be provided for all participants in the island of Peleliu.
- Rental Cars – there are various rental car booths at the arrival area of the airport. It is recommended that you make reservations before arriving in Palau. If you need assistance, please contact email@example.com and/or you can easily search car rental agencies online.
There will be 3 sites for the conference.
- Capitol Building – The opening ceremony will be held at the Capitol Building in Ngerulmud, Melkeok. The Capitol Building was opened in 2006 and houses the 3 branches of the government – Executive, Legislative, and Judiciary.
- Palau Tourism & Hospitality School of Excellence (PTHSE) – Most of Sessions will be held at the Palau Tourism & Hospitality School of Excellence which is located in the Palau Community College campus in the center of Koror State.
- Peleliu State – The 3rd day of the conference will be held in the southern island state of Peleliu. This island is well known for the major battles in World War II between the US Marine Corps and the Imperial Japanese Army. There are a lot of WWII remnants and beautiful scenery. After the conference, a sightseeing trip will take the participants around the 10km island (optional).
DRESS CODE FOR CONFERENCE AND EVENTS
- 1st Day/Opening Ceremony – Please dress in your traditional business attire. We will be taking the official photograph at the Capitol Building.
- 2nd Day – Business Attire
- 3rd Day (Peleliu Site) – Since we will be taking a boat, we recommend that you wear something comfortable (Shorts and Aloha Shirts for Men; and shorts and light blouse for women).
- Sightseeing trip around Peleliu – For those that will be taking the sightseeing drive around Peleliu, we recommend that you bring extra clothes (t-shirt and shorts). In addition, you may be able to take a swim and/or short hike or walk, so we recommend that you bring sunblock and hats/caps.
- WelcomeDinner – will be held at the Belau National Museum grounds. This will be an outside event, and we recommend comfortable island dress (aloha shirts and dresses are appropriate).
- Farewell Dinner Gala – will be held at the 5-star Palau Pacific Resort (PPR), and island formal attire is appropriate.